Merry Christmas Food Lovers!!!
It is that time of the year again when loved ones travel from near and far to celebrate the Christmas Holiday. It’s a time for bonding, gift giving and lots of eating!
Are you willing to try something new this holiday? How about cooking up some scotch eggs for you and your guests?
Scotch Egg is a European delicacy made with eggs, sausage meat and coated with breadcrumbs. It is a common picnic food in the United Kingdom.
Some have argued that this snack is actually an Indian dish called Nargisi Kofta. Nagisi Kofta is a spicy meatball similar to the scotch egg. Interestingly enough, one would think that Scotch Eggs originated from Scotland because of its name…. But the fact is that it is not Scottish at all! 🙂
So here is my scotch egg recipe!
This recipe makes half a dozen scotch eggs.
INGREDIENTS (6 Servings of Scotch Eggs)
6 Fully cooked eggs
4 sticks of Italian Sausage wraps
1 cup of Breadcrumbs
1 cup of all purpose flour
Mixed Herbs (parsley, cilantro etc)
1 Tea Spoon of Nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
Vegetable Oil for frying
- Boil 6 large eggs for 10 minutes and then peel and dry the eggs with a paper towel.
- Remove the outer thin lining from each Italian sausage and pull out the sausage meat inside.
- In a large bowl, add mixed herbs and nutmeg to the sausage meat and mix thoroughly
- Scoop a small portion of the sausage meat and mold into a ball.
- Press the sausage meat down until it is flat, then put in the egg and enclose it with the sausage meat
- Drop the enclosed egg and sausage in flour
- Then roll the wrapped scotch egg in the beaten eggs
- Lastly, roll the scotch egg in crushed bread crumbs
- Then fry in oil using medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
Scotch Eggs are ready! Enjoy 🙂
Hope you find this recipe blog helpful. If you need further clarifications or have any questions, feel free to drop me a message in the comments section below.